About SMSF Benchmarks
SMSF performance benchmarking
SMSF performance benchmarking is now possible with SMSF Benchmarks, an on-line tool for SMSF investors and their advisers.
We aim to give you and your trusted adviser better information than you have probably ever had before about how your Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) is going through a series of simple, yet sophisticated independent reports.
Our passionate belief is that our information will help you make better decisions, which should lead to better outcomes over time.
If you have a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF), the chances are that you have no idea how your fund is performing.
The fact is that SMSFs tend to invest differently to large super funds, so the benchmarks typically used are not appropriate.
We will be introducing reports in 3 stages:
Stage 1: Peer-to-Peer comparisons of balance, returns and risk against all other (subscriber) SMSFs, others in the same age group, others in the same phase, and others investing in a similar way to you. Altogether there are 18 pieces of information updated monthly.
Although we still have the ability to perform these peer-peer benchmarking comparisons, the feedback we received is that investors would prefer customised benchmarking.
The peer-to-peer comparisons are not currently available, unless for bulk orders. Contact us with enquiries.
Stage 2: Comparisons against Benchmark Portfolios specifically designed for SMSFs.
Stage 3: Customised benchmarking for your SMSF.
How it works:
- Contact us to express your interest and we’ll send a form to complete, showing us your Target Asset Allocation. This is in % terms, so there’s no need to disclose personal information such as amounts invested.
- You return it, then we send you a report showing the benchmark returns for each of the asset classes you have invested in, and an overall benchmark return for your portfolio, over various periods.
- We also give you a calculator to estimate your return over a 12 month period, or you can use information from your accountant or adviser.
- We don’t provide any opinions or advice. You compare your returns to the returns you were entitled to (your customized benchmark returns) and talk to your trusted adviser about what action you should take, if any.
- The fee for this service is $99. Some may consider this an inexpensive insurance policy to make sure you’re on track and getting value.
Naturally your data is confidential.